Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Bloom Of Beads


I have been busy at the torch the past few days making more jellyfish. I now have a bloom of them.(A large group of jellyfish in a small area is a bloom.) I typically get bored making a bead more than once, but these are different. I can sit at the torch for hours listening to music and making jellyfish after jellyfish. I'm still trying to perfect my technique so like in nature every jellyfish is different.

I even had the courage to make a Snorkel Bead. I didn't go all out like I would like to because I was still experimenting, but I really like the look of it. (Minus the scummy glass. Boo!) Next time I am going to add more sea sponges and urchins, and maybe even a shell or two.


Besides the jellyfish I have been working with a new color of glass. I have used it before and had beautiful results and now I don't remember how I did it. I still like the colors I am getting they just aren't what I was trying for. The bead below was made with one single color rod. The amount of propane and oxygen from the torch brings out the different colors.
I am off to the torch to make more jellyfish friends.

No comments: