Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What Has Happened To Me

In the past I would sit at the torch for hours with ideas swimming in my brain just waiting to come out onto glass. I would then put my precious little masterpieces in the kiln and let them relax in their bead sauna until morning. Bright and early the next morning I would come out to the kiln and check on my little babies. One by one I would look at each bead and criticize it.(I know not very motherly.) It was not the perfect shape, It was not the perfect color, it was not what I had envisioned.
That has changed recently. I am not exactly sure when it changed, but I just realized it this last weekend. Maybe it was my class I took and the support I received from other lampwork artist, I don't know but I am really enjoying it.
On Sunday I was at my torch most of the day, inspired by one of my favorites Marie Antoinette. I made bead after bead with pastels, ruffles, lace, and abundance in mind. The next morning I take my Marie's out of the kiln and take a quick glance. Not what I envisioned. I thew them in my cleaning water and left them there until night. When I pulled each one out I didn't say what was wrong with them, instead the little voice in my head said what was good about them.
" You were not what was desired, but you are no less dear to me."- Marie Antoinette


Love the gold/silver twisty

Love the shape

Love the shape

Love the twisty

Love the hot pink twisty

Love the silver/gold twisty

Love the colors

Love the white twisty

No comments: