Monday, November 02, 2009

Back To Beads

Halloween is over along with sports for the season, and now I can focus my energy at the torch.(That is until after Thanksgiving.) So the kids costumes turned out great. My daughter made her own costume this year, and everyone loved it.


Last weekend I went to Graceful Customs Studio and had a great time. It was one of the best weekend getaways I have had in a long time. It was fun to meet other lampwork artists. Grace and her husband Frank are the nicest people, they make you feel part of their family. Jelveh of Jelveh Designs was also there. She was my first lampwork teacher years ago in Santa Cruz. It was so nice to see her again, she is very encouraging.(And she makes awesome beads.) But the star of the weekend was Corina.(Or maybe her dog Bonzai.) Corina is a celebrity to me and others in the lampwork world. She is so amazing. I am excited to get to the torch , and I am already on the list for Corina's next class at Grace's studio. Here are some pictures of the wonderful people in the class, (Corina is the one holding Bonzai) and some of the basic beads I made in class.





No comments: