Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Buttercream and Beads

I did get my beads done and took photos to prove it, but first I need to talk about sweets. I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting last week and they were the best I have made so far. The cake it's self can still be improved, I'm using a vegan recipe. But the frosting was to die for. Out of all the bakeries I have been to the best chocolate cake I have had surprisingly comes from Costco. This frosting was like the Costco frosting only better. So speaking of bakeries I made a trip with the family to Bouchon again. This time I got my staples; Bouchons, Chocolate Donuts, Peanut Butter Cups, Nutter Butters, and Croissants. I did try something new, the Lemon Tart. It was good, creamier than a lemon meringue, but I didn't fall in love with it. I am so glad I don't live closer, because I can not control myself around their treats.


So here are my beads. They aren't that special. Plain transparent turquoise, but they are perfectly round.(Mostly) It is so boring I don't even have any meltdowns to report. So now I am going to make these beads into a necklace with some pretty chain that I purchased a while ago and hopefully be able to post photos of the necklace on Monday. Meanwhile I am continuing to make plain round beads with a different color just to get more practice before my class this month. Maybe photos of those beads too on Monday????

No comments: