Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Am I More Productive Sick????

Not only am I fighting mysterious swelling but I got a cold on top of it. In between cold medicine and my prescription induced "comas" I did get a few things done.
My friend had a baby shower, which unfortunately I was heavily medicated for, but I did manage to make a Diaper Cake. It turned out pretty cute. It wasn't what I envisioned, but after 4 days of looking for taupe and blue toile ribbon I gave in a did just solid ribbon. I still like it, it would just be perfect if I could have found the right ribbon.

Since my trip to Napa I have been dreaming of ????? ( ugh, it is so hard for my brain to function right now. The only word I can think of is couture..designer... NO that's not right) GOURMET Rice Krispie Treats. I did a somewhat copy cat of the Neapolitan I had in Napa. They were yummy. I made the strawberry and chocolate recipe up so there is room for improvement, but overall I loved them. I have a few more flavors I would like to make, maybe this weekend.

I have also been working on beads.(Finally!) I am getting so much sleep during the day, as soon as I wake up in the morning I have lots of energy.(Until my morning pill takes affect.) So I made tons of beads on Saturday morning. I am working on my basics since I haven't been doing them for so long, and because I am taking a class in a few weeks to hopefully re-inspire me. As I have previously posted I am a freak about being perfect, so I have already begun to worry that I will suck in front of everyone in this class. But so far its like the old over used saying "it's like ridding a bike". I still have 3 sets of 6 round beads to make, but for now I'm going to take another nap.

No comments: