Monday, September 28, 2009

Im a Medical Mystery

I have been having all sorts of issues lately. My first relatively long term issue is random allergic swelling. I went to a doctor who sent me to another doctor, who took blood and told me it was Idiopathic Angioedema, which translates to Unknown Swelling. That's right after the blood test coming back negative for a whole array of problems my diagnosis is UNKNOWN. Well I'm glad I spent the money and got that illness cleared up. So, the doctor put me on medication for and I quote "this medicine is an antihistamine used to treat anxiety, to relieve itching caused by allergic conditions, and to cause drowsiness." Just when I thought I didn't have enough time to get things done I am now on a medication that causes drowsiness, great.
No that's not bad Botox, that's my unknown swelling. This is actually not very bad, I have had it on my entire right side of my face, my hand(so bad I couldn't close it), and my leg(which I could not wear jeans or sweats because it was so big)

No comments: