Friday, October 16, 2009

I Am Asking For Trouble

I am just starting to feel better after all of my ailments, and what do I do but put too much on my plate. This weekend I plan on making beads, make my son a Halloween costume, and make homemade croissants.(Get the straight jacket ready.)
My bead class is this next weekend so I need to get in more practice, which is actually ridiculous since I have been making beads for years now. I am really looking forward to this class and getting my creative juices flowing.
The Halloween costume is either going to be a piece of cake or a catastrophe. I have been making my kids Halloween costumes since they were born. When they were too little to really have an opinion I made them characters that went together, Cinderella and Gus the mouse, Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, etc. Sandy and Danny(Grease).When they got older they picked whatever it was they wanted to be and I would make it. Well this year being sick I didn't get to start the costumes in September like I usually do, so I was thinking we would just buy my son a costume, and my daughter is too old to dress up this year. That was the idea until my son came to me wanting me to make him a costume. I couldn't say no so I asked him what he wanted to be and he told me an iPhone. Great, that should be easy let me just whip that up right now. I do have a few ideas in my head on how I can do this, but I need to hurry with Halloween just 2 weeks away. Here are a few of the Halloween costumes I made the last couple of years.

Marie Antoinette

Lucario http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Lucario

Mario

So I am starting the croissants tonight, and if all goes well they will be ready by Sunday or Monday. (I'm not Kidding) The first step takes a few minutes to get the dough together and get the butter ready then the dough rests for 30min. Then it has to be refrigerated overnight. The next day you roll it out and refrigerate again for 3 hours. Then roll again fold and refrigerate for another 3 hours. You do this one more time and then you make them into the croissant shape and let rise at room temperature for another 3 to 4 hours. So not including the time it takes to actually do the work the resting and rising time alone takes 12 hours, and that's also not including the first time of overnight. These things better be good.

And now for the necklace I mentioned yesterday. It just is missing something. I keep looking at it trying to figure out what it needs, because the way it is right now I would never wear it.

No comments: