Monday, January 11, 2010

New Years Resolution

I hate New Years Resolutions. It is such a gimmick. For the first month you hear people talking about what they are going to do differently get more organized, stop procrastinating, etc. The commercials on TV are weight loss groups, weight loss videos, and gyms. People are out in droves walking in the freezing cold. Then February comes and all is back to normal. Well this year I am making a New Years Resolution. (I am actually cheating because I have been doing for the last few months.) I have been living in the future for a long time now and missing what is happening in the now. I try to fit so much in my life and my families lives and want everything to be perfect for them, that I am not getting to enjoy any of it myself. I honestly lived months in advance.(I have brought travel guides on planes, not for the vacation we are on but to plan our next vacation.) Slowly I have been changing without even knowing. So here is my official New Years Resolution....I'm going to relax and enjoy life. So now I am off to play board games with the family.

No comments: